Four hour surgery for Jackson anthony today !

Veteran actor Mr. Jackson Anthony, who was injured when the cab he was on his way to Anuradhapura to take part in a film shoot in Hattikuchchi, Galgamuwa, collided with a wild elephant at Talawa Moragoda post 07, is currently receiving treatment at the Neuro Intensive Care Unit of the Colombo National Hospital.

Mr. A’s brother, Mr. Saman Anthony, who was seriously injured in the accident, is receiving treatment in the intensive care unit of the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital and Iresh Lakmal, who is said to be an assistant of Mr. Jackson Anthony, who was traveling in the same vehicle when the accident occurred, is receiving treatment in the 11th ward of the same hospital.

Talawa Police mentions that investigations revealed that Mr. Jackson Anthony was driving the cab at the time of the accident. Mr. Jackson Anthony’s brother was traveling in the seat next to the driver’s seat and the assistant was traveling in the back seat.

The Talawa Police Station Commander mentioned that the area where the accident happened is a place where elephants cross the road a lot and the elephant market is nearby. He said that there are signs on both sides of the road stating that there is an elephant crossing point.

The cab, which was heading towards Anuradhapura, hit a wild elephant which was moving from the right side of the road to the left side. The elephant hit the cab and rolled over on the bonnet of the cab. The police say that within a few seconds, the elephant got up and fell on the cab again when it was ready to move.

At the time of the accident, a herd of elephants was preparing to cross the road. At the time of this accident, hearing the sound of the vehicle braking and the sound of the vehicle colliding, the people who were staying in the nearby houses rushed out and took Mr. Jackson Anthony and the rest of the people away from the accident. The wild elephant that collided with the cab stayed near it for a long time and one of the gathered people took Mr. Jackson Anthony and others out after chasing the wild elephant away.

The police say that the elephant did not go to the forest for about two hours and kept making noise around it. The Talawa police station commander said that the wild elephant had moved towards the forest and he had informed the wildlife officers about the accident and asked them to investigate the elephant.

At the time of this accident, the assistant of Mr. Jackson Anthony, who was in the back seat of the cab, threw himself forward from behind and it was observed that his head hit the windshield of the cab. According to the police, Mr. Jackson Anthony also threw himself forward and hit his chest on the steering wheel and his brother also threw himself forward and his chest hit the dashboard of the cab.

It has been observed by the police that the three of them were injured more than the accident of the wild elephant falling on the vehicle.

Dr. Thilan Samaraweera of the Anuradhapura Teaching Hospital says that two bones in the neck area of ​​Mr. Jackson Anthony have been damaged and the lungs have been injured. He also says that due to the injuries to the lungs, two tubes have been used. Dr. Thilan Samaraweera mentioned that Mr. Jackson Anthony was transferred to the Neuro Intensive Care Unit of the Colombo National Hospital because his condition was quite bad.

Dr. Thilan Samaraweera said that Mr. Jackson Anthony’s brother, Mr. Vanasaman Anthony, has also been intubated as his lungs have been injured and he is being treated in the surgical intensive care unit. Dr. Thilan Samaraweera further stated that the assistant of Mr. Jackson Athanathani is in normal condition and he is being treated in ward 11 and he only has a cut wound on his head.

A spokesperson of the National Hospital told ‘Dinamina’ that Mr. Jackson Anthony, who is suffering from a broken bone in the spine, will undergo a four-hour operation today (04).

The spokesman also said that this surgery to be performed for the broken sixth and seventh bones in Mr. A’s spine will be performed by neuro and orthopedic surgeon Dr. K. Umapati.

The spokesman added that Mr. Jackson Anthony is now in good consciousness.

At the end of this film shooting, the artists including the producer who participated in it have gone to the hotel in Anuradhapura where they had prepared to spend the night. The police said that the cab driven by Mr. Jackson Anthony was in front and the rest of the vehicles were behind. After the accident, Mr. Jackson Anthony and others who were injured were taken to the hospital in the same vehicles, the police station commander said. He further mentioned that Mrs. Renuka Balasuriya was among the group.

There are street lights at the site of the accident, but they have been out of order for some time. People allege that the street lights should be functioning at such places where wild elephants pass through. The residents of the area say that no matter how much they informed the authorities about it, it was of no avail.

Local residents say that about two weeks ago, a car collided with an elephant just beyond the place where Mr. Jackson Anthony was involved in the accident and one or two such accidents per month have become a normal situation in this area.

Villagers also say that even though there are road signs indicating that wild elephants cross the road in this area, the drivers do not pay much attention to it and drive at high speed, which is the cause of many accidents.

Also, there has been an increase in wild elephant attacks

You May also like