Probe underway to determine origin of Brandix cluster

Claiming that investigations are still underway to determine how the first Bradnix employee contracted the disease, Health Minister Pavithra Vanniarachchi yesterday assured Parliament that she would table the findings as soon as they were completed.

She said this in response to a question asked by Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa in Parliament.

He said the government should clarify the media reports that some people who had arrived from India had visited the Brandix factory without being properly quarantined.

The minister said no Indians had arrived on September 22 and added that all 48 passengers who were on the flight had gone through the quarantine process from September 22 to October 20.

“The flight that arrived from India had been approved by the Foreign Ministry Secretary. They were subjected to the quarantine process at the Sheraton Hotel in Kosgoda under the supervision of the army and two weeks self quarantine thereafter under the supervision of the Regional Medical Health Officer,” she said.

You May also like