The government is considering to continue receiving the service of special skilled workers such as locomotive drivers on contract basis after they retire at 60 years limit, Minister Dr. Bandula Gunawardena told Parliament yesterday (21). Gunawardena made this observation when Samagi Jana Balawegaya MP Ashoka Abeysinghe raised concern regarding the matter. Abeysinghe said that there are many train drivers who will have to retire soon due to the 60 year limitation for government employees brought forward by the government recently. Abeysinghe said that if a considerable number of drivers retire in the same period of time, the train service would be affected by it. Abeysinghe warned of a possible hindrance to the service if it is not met with an adequate solution. In reply, Minister Gunawardena noted that in a situation like this, the government shall continue to get the service of such employees on contract basis.
You May also like
- Bandula can take any action for the price of rice
- Russian General Oleg Salyukov arrives in Sri Lanka
- Auditor General Claims Controversial Agriculture Ministry Building In Rajagiriya An Illegal Construction
- Mason nabbed with over 3kg heroin in Piliyandala
- Senior journalist Bandula Padmakumara has passed away !
- Hela Clothing’s employee tests positive
- President replies to Mangala’s Letter
- Over 250 Unilever products manufactured locally to ISO 9001 standards
- Woman arrested for throwing son from bridge !
- DIG Deshabandu Tennakoon assaulted